Inspired by: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
America's new favorite snack mix! Easily made with just five ingredients that can be found at your local Trader Joe's.
"Whoever heard tell of a man gettin' too much poozle?"
Okay admittedly this one is kind of cheating. When I was rehearsing this show I was also working at temp job from 8:30am to 5:30pm, getting on a train to New Jersey, rehearsing from 7pm to 11pm then getting back on a train to New York, getting home around 1:30am, getting to sleep around 2:30am and then waking up at 6:30am and doing it all over again. Because I'm crazy.
Anyway I was giddy and delirious and I thought the word Poozle was the funniest thing ever and, naturally, in my incredibly sleep-deprived mind I thought "hey, I know, Snack Mix."
I went to Trader Joe's and walked up and down the aisles for inspiration and this was the result, something sweet but slightly salty and surprisingly addictive... Poozle.
- 3 cups Trader Joe's Kettle Corn popcorn
- 3 cups Trader Joe’s Fruit O’s
- 1 cup Trader Joe's Sesame Honey Almonds
- 1 cup Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate-covered Mini Pretzels
- 1 cup Trader Joe's Orange-flavored Dried Cranberries
- Gradually combine ingredients in a large bowl. Start with a cup of Kettle Corn followed by a cup of Fruit O's, followed by a half cup of Sesame Honey Almonds and so on until all quantities of the ingredients are incorporated into the bowl.
- Make sure ingredients are well mixed. Add more of anything you like depending upon your tastes.
- And then grab a handful of Poozle. The Poozle fully consents.